EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUNG PERFORMERS!!!!!!!
Dear young performers,
Here's a bit of information that might interest you about future projects that we have in mind for our Sterts Youth Theatre Juniors group. As many people know, SYTCJ are due to perform Matilda Jr the musical next year during May Half Term. We would like to have a large, exciting group of young people to create this amazing production. In order to make sure this show is a big and bold as we want it to be, we would like to begin our process of building the performing company soon. This also ties in with another project that Sterts are getting involved with in November. Below are some details about both projects and how they tie together.
Creating the Matilda company:
In order to get the ball rolling on Matilda we would like to hold some auditions during October Half Term to create our performing company. This is a group workshop based audition with time slots set aside for different age groups. We will not be auditioning for any specific parts during this workshop, it is simply just to be a part of the performing company. We will audition the specific featured parts from within this company at a later date. Out of our initial workshop we hope to create a company of around 60 performers to do the show next year.
Our October half term workshop auditions will take place on Wednesday 27th of October at the following times:
• School year 4 - 6: 14.00 to 16.00
• School year 7 - 9: 17.00 to 19.00
Auditions will take place at Sterts Theatre, and previous sign up is necessary.
Please sign up to audition by emailing our director Oksana on email@example.com
The workshop audition will be looking at the song ‘When I Grow Up’, from the show. The words and music are available at your request. Please try and be as familiar as possible with this before the audition.
Some useful things to think about before auditioning:
• All performers must be aged between school year 4 and school year 9.
• The majority of the Matilda rehearsals will take place on Saturday mornings (10.00 - 13.00) as part of the usual SYTCJ weekly session.
• Performance dates and production week will take place between Saturday 28th of May and Thursday 2nd of June, during half term.
• Performers must be available for all performances.
Here are some youtube links to the song for you to practise before the auditions
All Together Now:
As I mentioned above, Sterts have a number of interesting projects coming up and the first one is very soon. It is a concert called All Together Now!, which is happening on Saturday 13th of November. This is a global event, as theatre groups all over the world will be putting on their own version of the concert all on the same evening. One of the songs on the list to perform is ‘When I Grow Up’ from Matilda, so we thought we could use this as an opportunity to create our Matilda company and ask them to perform this song at the concert. So the commitment we are asking is that once you have auditioned and been accepted into the Matilda performance company, that you then attend 2 rehearsals to prepare a performance of When I Grow Up for the concert on the 13th
November. I have listed the dates of the rehearsals below. This is a great opportunity for lots and lots of people and groups from Sterts to come together and be a part of a much larger and exciting event, and also its great to start getting excited about Matilda! If you cannot perform on the 13th, but still wish to be in the Matilda company, that is fine, but please do let us know.
Key Dates and Times:
• Wednesday 27th October - 14.00 to 16.00 - Matilda company workshop audition for school years 4 - 6.
• Wednesday 27th October - 17.00 to 19.00 - Matilda company workshop audition for school years 7 - 9.
• Sunday 31st October - 11.00 to 13.30 - Matilda company rehearsal for All Together Now.
• Saturday 6th November - 14.00 - 17.00 - Matilda company rehearsal for All Together Now.
• Friday 12th November - evening - possible dress rehearsal for All Together Now.
• Saturday 13th November - 14.00 to end of show - All Together Now performance.
I know all of this is a lot of information to take in, but we think it important for Sterts to give our performers both older and younger as many opportunities for performance projects as possible. Please feel free to email and ask any questions you may have.
Sterts Theatre Artistic